- Do not use Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Avita, exfoliators or Alpha-hydroxy acid products for 2-3 days before or after treatments. Do not exfoliate the treated area for 3-4 days prior to or following your treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning of the treatment area. Use a total sunblock. Tanning prior to or immediately after your treatment may cause hyperpigmentation. Do not use sunless tanning products during the course of your treatment. Avoid prolonged sun exposure to treatment area during the entire course of your treatment.
- Do not tweeze or wax area before or after treatment for 2-3 days.
- Remove all makeup and creams prior to your appointment.
- If you get frequent cold sores and are having IPL on your face, please notify the person performing your treatment. If you have a prescription for Valtrex from your doctor or dentist, please take one as a precaution prior to your treatment.