EYEBROW HEALING SCHEDULE
Too dark – Too light – Just right. This takes 4 weeks to happen.
Doing your part, Permanent makeup procedures are affected by the canvas (your skin) that they are performed on. If your skin is sun damaged (even from tanning beds), thick and uneven in texture, or excessively dry or oily, the result cannot be expected to be perfect after the initial procedure. Lifestyle, medications, smoking, metabolism, facial surgery, and age of skin all contribute to fading.
A touch-up is needed in 4-6 weeks (included!) after your initial procedure to ensure the best result and to keep your permanent cosmetics looking the best. Your procedure maintenance, as outlined in your post procedure directions, is very important.
You must get your touch-up before 90 days or you will have to pay $100.00
If the color disappears during the second week, do not panic!! The color will return within 4 weeks.
Silicone Sealer is applied only once to Brows and is removed by warm water and a neutral soap after 24 hours.
Please avoid all below until healed:
- Facial cleansers on eyebrows …..wash around
- Makeup on eyebrows
- Moisturizers, skin creams, Retin-A, and any exfoliators on eyebrows
- Touching with fingers!
- Sun and tanning beds
- Chlorine pools, jacuzzis, saunas, ocean water, lake water, or vigorous exercise that causes extreme sweating
- Terry towels
- Hot long steamy showers
- ..such as in gardening, for the first 3-4 days to prevent possible infection
- Before showering apply a thin coat of Aquaphor. Shower with back to water to avoid water, shampoo and conditioner getting on eyebrow area.
- If pigmented area begins to itch tap it to relieve it.
What to do and expect:
- Keep moist, apply Aquaphor as needed with Q tip 3-5 times per day until healed. Dab, don’t rub it in.
- Eyebrows start to itch and will appear a bit thicker in texture. Exfoliation begins.
- The skin begins to flake, peeling from the outside edges first.
- Color finishes flaking off and appears softer and grayer for a few days until color clarifies.
Do not pick or rub the area. Brows will oxidize and get darker before they soften in healing. This is normal! Do not wear any makeup for 2-3 days on brow area. After healing always apply sunscreen to the brow to help with color retention
Use topical antibiotic at your own risk; this can cause an area to heal improperly and some people develop an allergy to it.
Loss of color over time
- Exposure to sunlight or UV light
- Body breaks down foreign bodies when possible and eliminates them
- Use of glycolic, Retin-A and other new products for wrinkle treatments are having an adverse effect on permanent makeup
FEEL FREE TO CALL ME – 843-580-3702