Solutions for an unwanted tattoo….
- The absolute safest and most effective way to remove unwanted ink is with a Q-switched laser. The latest technology virtually shatters the ink and the surrounding skin is left unaffected.
- The second option is makeup. Dermablend or Tattoo Camo offer products that are quite effective in hiding a tattoo.
- Surgical removal is effective for small tattoos in areas where the skin is stretchy enough to be excised and stitched back together. This option, however, will leave a scar at the incision site.
- Chemical removal creams and acids – NOT a good idea. These creams use acids the peel away layers of skin, most likely leaving a scar behind. They are highly irritating to the skin, and typically will only fade the tattoo, not remove it.
- Dermabrasion and Salt Scrubs – also NOT a good solution. While they sand away the surface of the skin, if you go deep enough to where the ink is deposited, you are going to end up with a scar.